Filenames with spaces: very rare in Cygwin

Hack Kampbjorn cygwin@hack.kampbjorn.com
Thu Jan 15 23:11:00 GMT 2004

Steven E. Harris wrote:
> Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> writes:
>

>>FWIW, space is a valid filename character on both Unix and Windows.
>>This means that any script that assumes filenames to be space-free
>>(and lacking other shell special characters) is, IMO, broken.
>

> Keychain has a lot of these space-in-filenames problems. I sent a
> corrective patch against keychain 2.0.3 to the two listed maintainers
> at the end of November, but received no reply.

If you send the patch to the list I'll look at it and possibly release an
updated cygwin package. But keep bugging the gentoo people that I don't have to
maintain local patches.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn