Apache DSO modules under Cygwin

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Thu Jun 16 12:14:00 GMT 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:
> First of all, you didn't state what version of Apache or what module
> you're trying to compile.  Apache 2.x and 1.x are significantly
> different.  I've no experience building DSOs with 2.x, and I suspect
> that it will not compile under Cygwin without some patching and porting.

You are right, it was not trivial, but I do have a functioning Apache2
server, including the Subversion modules, running as I type this. I still
need to write documentation, and probably a service installation script,
before I ITP the thing, though - and I am encountering a weird "hang on
shutdown" bug when mod_rewrite or mod_auth_digest are in use. I'll try to
bump this up my todo list a bit, if there is interest.

Max.