Execute "ssh-host-config" from Windows command-line (or from a C program)

Carlo Florendo subscribermail@gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 00:54:00 GMT 2007

Fabio Román Arbelo wrote:

>> Fabio Román Arbelo wrote:
>>
>>     Hi!
>>
>>     I've been trying to launch the "ssh-host-config" from a Windows
>>     command-line without success. I've been looking Cygwin
>>     mailing-list but I haven't found anything that solves my problem.
>>     For example, I've tried this:
>>
>>     c:\cygwin\bin> bash -c '"`/bin/ssh-host-config -y -c "ntsec" -p
>>     10000`"'
>>
>>     And this is what I got:
>>
>>        /bin/ssh-host-config: line 110: uname: command not found
>>        /bin/ssh-host-config: line 111: expr: command not found
>>        /bin/ssh-host-config: line 113: [: -gt: unary operator expected
>>        /bin/ssh-host-config: line 424: [: -gt: unary operator expected
>>        WARNING: Adding ssh to   failed!
>>

>>     Host configuration finished. Have fun!: No such file or directory
>>
>>     Where "..." means more errors that I don't put here because they
>>     are similar to these ones.
>>     And if I do this:
>>
>>     bash ""ssh-host-config -y -c "ntsec" -p 10000""
>>
>>     I've got similar errors too. I would like to launch this script
>>     from a C program, that's why I'm trying this. I'm able to execute
>>     ".exe" cygwin programs, like "cygrunsrv", but I don't know what to
>>     do with this script. Any advice would be great.
>>
>> My WAG:
>>
>> d2u ssh-host-config
>>
>> Do this first.  If your invocations work, you'll need to convert other
>> scripts you want to use in the same way.
>>
>> --
>> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
>> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
>> 216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
>> Holliston, MA 01746
>>
> Thanks Larry for your help!
>
> Well, I've done this:
>
>    u2d ssh-host-config

This is wrong.  Read the message sent to you by Larry Hall and make sure
you have read everything *correctly*.  His solution is correct ;-)

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City