multiple cygwin1.dll message

John jhy001@earthlink.net
Sun May 27 03:30:00 GMT 2007

Got it!

I finally got rid of c:\windows\system32\cygwin1.dll by
cd-ing there in cygwin, seeing it (finally!) and deleting
it. It wouldn't delete because it was write protected,
but it prompted me for Y/N, and Y got rid of it. (perhaps
the developers could add this test/prompt during normal
upgrade/installs when it prompts for deleting it? Would
have saved the day for me!). Anyway, a Windows search
did not find it, I didn't visually see it in the directory,
and my cygwin "find" I may have missed the filesystem in
cygwin's nomenclature. But it did seem to be "hidden" in
Windows.

Thanks to all who helped! I upgraded to the latest cygwin
versions too. And rebooted.

I see I can now make C and Fortran programs again.

However, my Bourne shell script has broken. Sigh. If I
can't figure that out I'll post a new query.

Thanks, John