After installing nc (netcat), nc.exe is not found

Heavenly Avenger avenger@avenger.ws
Wed Jul 11 17:35:00 GMT 2018

I have these versions, and nc is here happy and playful.

It is possible you attempted an upgrade while cygwin programs were
running? Cygwin services also count. This is due a limitation on windows
which locks files when they are in use, so cygwin updates can't replace
the files and end up failing.

You may ensure everything is closed and services stopped, re-run
setup-x86_64.exe, selecting the 'nc' package and switching it to
"Reinstall". Then let the setup do its things.

If the setup is hanging, or have hung up and you had to force-close it
the last install attempt you did, this is a strong sign that not just
nc, but several other packages that have been attempted to upgrade may
be compromised. To ensure that is not the case, a good

cygcheck -c

should help.

The package nc-1.10-4.tar.bz2 has 'usr/bin/nc.exe', which is the file
you claim missing.

Hope this helps! :)