Inode number and file size problems in version 3.2.1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Mon Jul 5 18:19:56 GMT 2021

On 7/1/2021 12:21 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
> On 7/1/2021 8:15 AM, Ruurd Beerstra via Cygwin wrote:

[...]

>> I found a patch (cygwin1-20210426.dll) with an updated cygwin1.dll. That fixed
>> the hangs.

[...]

>> Note the wrong (changing) times when I use the current 'stat' (the first
>> output is not the same as the 2nd one), while the old version consistently
>> reports correct times, size and inode number. A quick test shows that the 'ls'
>> command (I assume caused by the underlying stat(2) call) reports the same
>> inode number for ALL files.
>> It also reports either a size of "0" or 8192 for ALL files.
>
> Can you tell us something about i:\ivt so that someone could try to reproduce
> the problem?  What kind of drive is i:?  Does the path "i:\ivt" by any chance
> involve native symlinks or junctions?

Ping?

Can you answer the questions?  If there's a bug in the 20210426 snapshot, we'd
like to fix it.  But first it would be good if you would test the most recent
snapshot (20210507), available at https://cygwin.com/snapshots/, to see if it's
already been fixed.

Thanks.

Ken