Cygwin is not passing arguments to Windows apps

Karl Crary crary@andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Dec 17 13:45:28 GMT 2023

Thank you, but I guess I posted a bad example then.

latex --version

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.25 (MiKTeX 23.10.12) (preloaded fomat=latex.fmt)
  restricted \write18 enabled.
**

It should print version information, but instead that is what I would expect to see if I ran latex with no arguments.  The same thing happens if I call latex with a filename.  Or, to fix my previous example:

$ cmd '/?'
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.2861]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\crary>

Any other thoughts?

Karl Crary